This article contains affiliate links. I may receive a small commission from any sales through this link. However, I actually use all of these products and these opinions are mine, and mine alone. Please see my disclosure page for more information
As a mom, I know that it can be hard to make time for yourself when there are dishes to wash and kids to feed. No matter how busy my morning is, or if I plan on leaving the house or not, I try to make sure I put on a little makeup. WHY?! I don’t do it for anyone else but me. If you don’t like to wear makeup there is absolutely nothing wrong with that; you are BEAUTIFUL! I personally feel like I have a positive and more productive day if I’ve attempted to put my best foot forward; which for me means getting out of those PJ’s and putting on a little makeup.
However, a lot of times makeup can be expensive, and I know how important it is to keep to a budget and save money. Have NO FEAR! There are tons of great makeup products out there that won’t cost you a small fortune. I have compiled a list of my top 5 makeup products that all moms need! Best of all, they can all be found online or at your local drugstore (Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, etc.).
1. Lets talk about foundation. I have tried countless foundations throughout the years and struggled to find one that offered good coverage without feeling thick and cakey. I discovered COVERGIRL+Olay Simply Ageless 3-in-1 Liquid Foundation and have been using it ever since. It goes on sooooo smooth and lasts all day (which is great when you are chasing around kids).
2. Mascara! My favorite mascara has to be Maybelline Falsies Flared Mascara. I have purchased expensive mascaras from stores like Ulta and Sephora; but I consistently come back to good ole Maybelline. Best of all you can find it for under 6 bucks!
3. My favorite makeup item has to be my eyeliner. I have experimented with many brands and types of eyeliner, but I always opt for Almay Liquid Liner. The brush so easy to use, and it lets me go subtle or dramatic with my eye makeup.
4. I have many eye shadow palettes; but I have always enjoyed Almay Intense i-color Trio eye shadow. Its 3 eye shadows in 1! They have different palettes depending on your eye color (blue, green, brown or hazel).
5. Last but not least, I have recently discovered the magic of setting spray. Think of it as hair spray…but for your face. I currently use the NYX Cosmetics Make Up Setting Spray, Dewy Finish/Long Lasting to help set my makeup. I was honestly skeptical if it was going to make a difference; but it really does help my makeup last longer!
Well that’s it folks! Those are my top 5 makeup must haves for moms! You will be beautiful inside and out, all without breaking the bank!